About This Project
Seminar organised by AMEL International, AMEL France and Samusocial International
Title: Dignity, Solidarity and Humanity with persons in exile – Innovative practices
Duration: 2 days (5-6 December 2017)
Type of interpreting: Simultaneously
- Presentation of AMEL and Samusocial (foundation, history, mission, work)
- The EU-Turkey agreement and its impact in Greek Asylum policies
- Examples from innovative projects applied towards refugees in Lebanon
- UN Global Compact: Latest developments
- The situation and living conditions inside refugee camps in Morocco and Turkey
- Examples of innovative practices by Campfire International
- Cultural Mediation: how to overcome challenges
- Recommendations, call for action and roadmap with the next steps
- Creating a movement of stakeholders working with vulnerable individuals in situations of exile etc.
Participants: AMEL International, AMEL France, Samusocial International, Lefteris Papagiannakis (Vice-mayor for Migrants, Refugees and Decentralization – City of Athens), Lebanon Support, Greek Council for Refugees, MSF, Médecins du Monde etc.