About This Project
The conference was organized by EASO and was addressed to Greek judges. Maria Xanthopoulou participated on behalf of Translation Embassy and offered interpreting services in workshops examining the criteria and procedures of granting refugee status.
Duration: 2 days
Working languages: EN-EL-EN (retour)
Main focus points:
- Refugee status according to the Geneva Convention
- Qualification Directive
- International / subsidiary protection
- Defining refugee status and/or international protection
- Which actions amount to persecution?
- The role of County of Origin Information in the assessment procedure.
- Credibility of the applicant
- When and how to submit preliminary references to the EU Court of Justice?
- Jurisprudence of the EU Court of Justice and the European Court of Human Rights
- Jurisprudence of Greek courts and the Council of State