WHAT SECTORS ARE COVERED?
Technical translations cover all sectors of industry and consequently include a large number of further sub-categories and specialisations. The main sectors most frequently in the spotlight include the automotive, medical and technical equipment industries, telecommunications, energy and IT to name a few.
Just some of the technical translations I have done cover:
- Patents for mechanical devices, car parts, window parts, screen printing techniques, packaging materials, energy conversion systems, etc.
- User manuals for electrical household appliances, web applications and platforms, vinyl record players, alarm systems, smoke detectors, smart plugs, magnetic contacts, motion detectors, sirens, wall thermostats, wall switches, indoor and outdoor cameras, personal protective equipment, etc.
- Descriptions and repair reports of tools, cranes and other machinery
- Automotive industry: descriptions of vehicle technical characteristics, truck registration certificates
- Shipping: Lists of sailing gear
- Chemicals: chemical processing methods, risks and precautions
- Agroindustry: technical characteristics of seeds, method of use in crops, beneficial properties, etc.
- Sound and image technologies: A technical description of how sound systems operate
- Information Technology: How cookies work
WHY SHOULD THEY BE ASSIGNED TO PROFESSIONAL TRANSLATORS?
Reliable technological devices are those which offer accuracy, more functionality, excellent technical characteristics, stand the test of time, and perform well. In short, technical reliability equals quality.
ADVANTAGES OF PROFESSIONAL TRANSLATORS FOR TECHNICAL TEXTS