WHAT ARE OFFICIAL TRANSLATIONS?
- translations used as evidence in court and determining the outcome of a trial
- translations submitted as supporting documents to social security providers which affect acceptance or rejection of a pension application or the pension amount
- translations of medical opinions and examinations submitted to hospitals used to determine how to continue treatment
- translations of qualifications and supporting documents which will affect the decision whether or not an employee meets recruitment criteria
- translations of technical specifications and declarations of conformity with the relevant legislation under which marketing authorisations for imported products are granted
- translations of tax documents requested to handle various cases at tax offices, etc.
WHO DOES OFFICIAL TRANSLATIONS
OFFICIAL TRANSLATORS FROM THE IONIAN UNIVERSITY
Presidential Decree 169 of 17.6.2002 (Government Gazette 156/2.7.2002) and Decision No. ΔΙΣΚΠΟ/Φ22/5583 of the Ministry of the Interior, as well as Council of State Judgment No. 2799/2013
- Opinion No. 333/2014 of the State Legal Council expressly states that it is possible for graduates of the Ionian University to prepare official translations: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uTtWHGR_Jimm2R51EA0K1ST9oEB41b7x
- Circulars from the Ministry of the Interior expressly confirm that official translations done by graduates from the Ionian University are acceptable to the Citizenship Directorate: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YnBsahtE-PxrrJUUvzpK51NiVzZYQPxC
- Circular No. Δ. ΟΡΓ. Δ 1008736 ΕΞ 2019/2019 of the Independent Authority for Public Revenue expressly confirms that it accepts the official translations done by graduates of the Ionian University: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UVq6JpCyGm6vCLQcGxipyIjbbkffHHPb/view?usp=sharing
- Circular No. Φ1/ 212000 /ΓΔ4 from DG Primary and Secondary Education (Ministry of Education) expressly confirms that it accepts official translations done by graduates of the Ionian University: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x5JxG7FokLO2gk_uThHMDxgRUlVbDiCW