The task was assigned to me by the Your Interpreter agency run by my colleague Zoe Resta, who had undertaken general coordination of language services. Two interpreters were charged with ensuring the conference ran smoothly. During preparations, I contacted the colleague I would be working with, to coordinate our efforts.
Our preparations included:
- Studying analyses on general trends in the rental car market
- Exchanging articles and other sources relevant to the issue
- Examining the presentations and materials provided by organisers
- Extracting special terminology and preparing glossaries
- Exchanging our personal glossaries
- Other coordination-related issues
On the day of the conference we visited the event venue well before the scheduled time to settle any procedural issues with organisers and to check that the technical equipment was operating properly (booths, headphones, microphones, etc.). Simultaneous interpreting services from Greek to Turkish were provided at the event.